By January 3, 2018 Read More →

Contribute $50, get a full refund from the state!

The Political Contribution Refund (PCR) is back for 2018! That means an individual can give up to $50, or $100 for a married couple filing jointly, to a political contribution to a political party or candidate and receive a full refund from the State of Minnesota!

You can only file for one PCR for the year. Official information below.


The following information is from the Minnesota Department of Revenue:

Political Contribution Refund

Your political contributions made in 2018 to Minnesota political parties and candidates for Minnesota state offices may qualify for a refund.

You can request a Political Contribution Refund if you contribute money to qualified:

What contributions qualify for a refund?

Political contributions you made to eligible state candidates or political parties on or after July 1, 2017. Contributions made before that date do not qualify for a refund.

How much is the refund?

The refund is the amount of your contributions up to $50 for an individual or $100 for a married couple (if you file a joint Political Contribution Refund application).

How do I request a refund?

Complete 2018 Form PCR, Political Contribution Refund Application (to complete online) or 2017 Form PCR, Political Contribution Refund Application (to complete by hand). Send your completed form to the Minnesota Department of Revenue. You must also include copies of the receipts you received for contributions being claimed on your application.
We can only accept Form EP-3 receipts that you received from a qualified candidate or political party as proof of your contribution(s).
NOTE: If you are seeking a refund for a 2017 contribution, that form is available here.

When can I file?

You may apply for your refund at any time, but no later than April 16, 2018 for 2017 contributions, or April 15, 2019 for 2018 contributions.
Posted in: general

Comments are closed.